How to apply for the installation of a New / Additional / Split Electricity service
New connection of electricity / meter(s) installation requests are generally a result of new constructions or additions to buildings. The customer needs to submit a request for a New / Additional / Split of Electricity service. All applications should be submitted to Electricity and Water Authority, Customer Services Directorate.
Electricity Supply Requirements:
- Fill and submit the Electricity, Water, Municipal Rates Agreement & Service Request - for the form click here
- Fill and submit the Application of Electricity Supply (the application must be signed and stamped by the Seal of Authorized Electrical Contractor) - for the form click here, and for the Supplementary Details Of Electrical Installations form click here
- The original valid identity card for personal applications or C.R. copy for business (original valid identity card in case of an application submitter)
- Copy of Municipality Building Permit
- Copy of Address Card
- Copy of Survey Certificate
- Copy of Location Map
- Copy of the Property Deed or any other ownership document
- Electricity Distributions Directorate Conditions Form
(Required For New / Split Applications Only)
- All over dues must be settled when applying for any service.
For Tenants: the original lease and a copy of it (original will be return back) including a no objection letter from landlord
After the completion of building construction and the installation in all electricity outlets, the Electricity Installations Completion & Test Certificate must be submitted (the Application must be signed and stamped by the Seal of Authorized Electrical Contractor) alongside the Electricity Connection Permission issued by Ministry of Works, Municipalities Affairs and Urban Planning in order to connect the electricity service officially. You may be requested to submit a bank account number
IBAN to a local bank to settle the monthly bills.
For more information, click here
For Electricity Installations Completion & Test Certificate - click here