How to apply for the installation of a New / Additional / Split Electricity service

New connection of electricity / meter(s) installation requests are generally a result of new constructions or additions to buildings. The customer should book an appointment through the Skiplino app after filling the Electricity Supply Request and attaching and providing the required documents according to the type of transaction.

Electricity Supply Requirements:

  1. Fill and submit the Electricity, Water, Municipal Rates Agreement & Service Request, to download the form, cli​ck here
  2. Fill and submit the Application of Electricity Supply and the Supplementary Details of Electrical Installations form. The applications must be singed and stamped by the Seal of Authorized Electrical Contractor
  3. A copy of the smart card reading or a copy of both sides or C.R. copy for business.
  4. Copy of Municipality Building Permit
  5. Copy of Address Card
  6. Copy of Survey Certificate
  7. Copy of Location Map
  8. Copy of the Property Deed or any other ownership document
  9. Electricity Distributions Directorate Conditions Form (According to the type of transactions)
  10. All overdue amounts must be settled when applying for any service.
  11. For Tenants: A copy of lease agreement including no objection letter from landlord.

After the completion of building construction and the installation in all electricity outlets, the Electricity Installations Completion & Test Certificate and the Extension of Supplementary Details for Electrical Installations form (if applicable) must be submitted (the Application must be signed and stamped by the Seal of Authorized Electrical Contractor) alongside the Electricity Connection Permission issued by Ministry of Works, Municipalities Affairs and Urban Planning in order to connect the electricity service officially. You may be requested to submit a bank account number IBAN to a local bank to settle the monthly bills.

To download the required forms, click​ here