Remote electricity and water meter reading collection has been implemented through the use of modern technology for this service and currently 12,000 electricity meters and 3,500 water meters are being read in this way.
The mechanism reads meters automatically and reliably, without meter readers having to visit the sites and it has the ability to cut the power from and rewind these meters.
It is hoped that according to the plan for the year 2017, Electricity and Water Authority will install 40,000 smart meters.
Advantages of this system:
- The reading can be taken at any time and for any possible number of meters at once.
- No need to visit the sites to take a reading.
- Able to take readings for restricted and closed areas.
- Readings taken are accurate and collected speedily.
- Bills are issued on the same day of the meter reading.
- These type of meters have a set of characteristics that contribute to load control.